Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which pickups/advancer will fit?

Hi All,
    I've got an '82 GS750TZ which I threw down the road this week (it's a little icy in the UK at the moment). The damage wasn't too bad, most of it being taken by the pickup/signal generator and cover. I'm having a bad time trying to find replacement parts because I'm in the UK and the bikes an import, can anyone tell me if any other bikes use the same pickup/advancer assembly? I've put a link below so it's hopefully clear what I'm talking about.

I know in the UK my model is a GSX, just need to know if I can use parts from a 550/850/1000 or whatever. I'm not too worried about the cover (I can bodge that for now), I just need to be back on the (slippery) road.
    Thanks in advance (pardon the pun),
    Dave B.

This one might fit ?? IF the seller will not send it to you? Have them send it to me & I will forward it

Comment

The one on ebay is from an 85 700. I believe the 85 year used an electronic
      advance. I know 82's used a mechanical advance. The part I dont know is if you can retrofit and 82 type advance mechanism to an 85 breaker plate that was not intended to use one.

Earl

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      This one might fit ?? IF the seller will not send it to you? Have them send it to me & I will forward it
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...533494830&rd=1
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Did some checking THey are different

Comment

I found the one I was looking for

better pix go to here http://groups.msn.com/LynnsGSpix/bri...oto&PhotoID=59
          Pm me if you think it will work

Comment

Working...
          X