Swing arm woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big_T
    From Time to time I get to thinking of selling my GS1100E but it has so many hand made parts by me and it was done over time that I could not replace it very easy. Sure there are faster bikes but it has a sort of "Cool" factor to it. Plus it's easy to work on and I just like it.
    That is why I still have mine, I know I would be missing it..
    It's been faitfully awaiting it's resurection, the time is nearing, the parts are in hand to begin.
    Now just the money is missing LOL

Peace,
    ROn

Comment

I know. Mine has had many makeovers over time. It has been a 1428cc shootout bike, 1166cc NOS, 1260 Mr. Turbo. Stock motor. It's run from 7.70's at the track to 5.50's(1/8th mile). I rode it down to the Store today when I got home just to ride it. When I came out to get on it thier were two people looking at it and asked all kinds of questions. The last one is how much would I take for it? I always say it is not for sale. I add a few things now and again It's a never ending process. My next "new" thing to get is one of the external GSXR Alt. kits that mount on the left front of the bike and is driven off of the Crankshaft.

Comment

wow.
        I have a GSXF alternator from one of my old Kats my wife used to ride (95 750)
        I put a GSXR750 motor in place of the kat motor when it dropped a valve, and tore the head and remaining valves up, ruining the bore, etc etc etc.

never would've thought of mounting it on the GS though.... hmm got me thinking now..

hopefully will have a day off in about 2 wks.

I would like some good pics of your bike, I would host them if you wanted..
        I have plenty of room on my Server.

Peace,
        Ron

Comment

You know who makes those external alternators? You need to find Anthony Consorte, he uses the online name Nobars...You may be able to find him thru Joe Francos shop..

Do you know Next Level racing? Sebastian used to race out here until he moved to Alabama..Seen the back of his 600hp Busa too many times!
          EULC ON

Comment

Nobars is who I am getting it through. And yes I know NLR. Seb is hosting a bike race here on the 17th of April. It's not a new thing. He has done a bunch of them. Several of the old GS shootout bikes had this. You can see them in some of the old shootout pic's. It solves the end of the Crankshaft breaking off problem. I'll get some new pics of the bike and send them.

Comment

Ok kewl..
              Ya I know Sebby, he has the badagg AMS1000 I want for my Busa, thing is supposed to be hogtitz for Boosted Bikes.

Anyhooter, waiting on pics 8)

I belong to about 20+ boards.. suzukihayabusa.org, frank adams site, but got knocked off for awhile :twisted:
              quite a few others not really worthy of mentioning.

I am going nuts thinking of an old skool blowthrough, the Busa is half done, waiting on my FMU, then connecting it all up,then lload the map and have it dyno'd..
              then the GS1100, then the wifes Katana 1100, then the Riding mower, then omg.. never stops :twisted:

I have 6 different turbos here, just contemplating :P 8O

Comment

I know what you mean, Seb is the one that is going to make my Header for my GS1100 Blowthrough kit. The old drawthrough Mr. Turbo kits are OK but a Blowthrough on a GS is going to be Cool. I had a Turbo 99 Busa. It had the Hahn kit which was about all you could get back then. IT made 260 HP at the wheel. Very fun to ride. Before that I had a FI Mr. Turbo ZX11 that made 375 RWHP. It was a fun bike to ride.

Comment

Tell Seb, Bill Fischbach says hello...He is a great guy. helped me out quite a bit when we started our short lived racing career out west here.

I know Anthony for years..We lived sort of close to each other back east, but became friendly thru the internet..I bought a bike from a friend his in NY.

Way back the GS site did a feature on his bike if i remeber correctly. Maybe 8 years ago???

I took this picture of Seb back in 2002 at The Strip in vegas...One of my favorites!

EULC ON

Comment

I will, He is a great Fabricator and I wonder how many Dyno pulls that Busa has had? I don't know much about out west but here in the south dragracing is wide open. There is a guy in Miss. who bought Danny Cables old GS1150 shootout bike. It broke a cam chain and my friend was fixing it. I can say I have never seen a GS head with that much work done. 1570cc 175 shot of NOS. he's fast and for the local tracks hard to beat. Oldschool is cool!!! I'll also get some pics of the event.

Comment

There are quite a few of those ol 1150's floating around...Out west, bike racing is drop dead slow! Ask Seb, he'll fill you in. He tried hard to get it going out here.
                      EULC ON

Comment

I wonder why? The tracks are full of bikes every weekend. More now than I have ever seen. Ssure is fun. I think I am going to ride over to Atlanta and watch the Prostar races Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                        X