More of my V-Rod obsession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More of my V-Rod obsession

The domain name Ahdra.com is for sale. Call BuyDomains at 844-896-7299 to get a price quote and get your business online today!

Check this site out and see what the AHDRA rules are for pro stock.

Then browse the site for race results.
    Look for the vrod class and then you should see that the 2666cc engine was tirning the low et times.

Let me know what you think please..

So all the Hardley's get to play together

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      So all the Hardley's get to play together
      I was just looking for some information about the v rod having 2600cc.
      The ((only Harley)) races are obviously to keep the hogs from getting beaten by the rice burners. As we all know.
      As i stated once before, my buddy wrote to vance and hienz asking about the size of the v rod engine and was sent a copy of the pro stock rules that applied to gainesville and the like. i saw it as a move to avoid admitting that they were running a monster block. Im still looking for the magazine article that showed the building of the super v rod engine from a solid block of aluminum.
      No luck

Comment

The harleys can run just over 2600 cc and they are fuel injected. The suzuki's are around 1500 cc and run carbs. Harley bought the 6 second pass from NHRA.

Comment

I like my Sportster but when racing them it's like comparing a Model T to F1. Now if Harley came out with a 4 cylinder V then it might be a race.

You just can't turn them above 7K for very long before they go poof. If they had 180 degree crank in them it would be a different story, but then they would sound like a Ducati.

But what I like is that 2 Buell base bikes made the field too. There going to give that V-Rod some trouble :twisted:
          1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
          1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
          1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
          1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
          01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
            I like my Sportster but when racing them it's like comparing a Model T to F1. Now if Harley came out with a 4 cylinder V then it might be a race.

You just can't turn them above 7K for very long before they go poof. If they had 180 degree crank in them it would be a different story, but then they would sound like a Ducati.

But what I like is that 2 Buell base bikes made the field too. There going to give that V-Rod some trouble :twisted:
            I AM ALSO IMPRESSED WITH THE BUELL BIKES. BUT BEING A STROKED SPORTSTER RIDER FROM WAY BACK I'm quite prejudice

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15
              Harley bought the 6 second pass from NHRA.
              It was dead class anyway. If it brings more people to the track I am all for it.

So is this the beginning of the TX vs. DOM matchup?? Suzuki vs S&S?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy
                Originally posted by rosco15
                Harley bought the 6 second pass from NHRA.
                It was dead class anyway. If it brings more people to the track I am all for it.

So is this the beginning of the TX vs. DOM matchup?? Suzuki vs S&S?
                When it comes to challanges lee. i always bring out my gsxxxrrr750ed
                suzukys will always rule but making those v twins fgo is something that can be done for sure. just too much $$$ and loss of reliability.
                My 1200 buell stays bone stock

Comment

It's sort of like Ford back in the late 70's It cost five time as much to build one then the V8 Mustang came out and price's drop like a rock, to bad that has'nt happen to HD yet... never will. But they to do got some sexy girls working the counters.

Now don't get me wrong but I like the solid mount engine in the frame. To me I like the feeling of the engine at high rpm. It tells you something is going on down there.
                  1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                  1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                  1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                  1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                  01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Working...
                  X