Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR1100 (1996) front to GS1100 82

Hi guys,

I recently obtained GSXR1100 forks off ebay (despite them being advertised as 91-3 GSXR750 forks). Nevermind, the forks appear in good condition and look like they may slide in with less fuss as the 770mm top to axle centre measurement is quite close to standard GS1100.

I have found a lot of GSXR600 things and am curious as to their compatibility.. especially wheels and the like, they all look like they will do the job and maybe all that is needed is a bearing and spacer change at the most?

The GSXR1100 fork lowers have inserts for the axle that look to take a 20mm axle.

The calliper mounting holes are 90mm centre to centre so it seems easy enough to find callipers matching those specs.

Another thing is the 1996 forks I have (id sticker on fork leg) would be a WT model right?
    and these are compatible with 93 to 95 W models as well I am assuming.

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Ed

(still learning model compatibilities).

I have found a lot of GSXR600 things and am curious as to their compatibility.. especially wheels and the like, they all look like they will do the job and maybe all that is needed is a bearing and spacer change at the most?
    I would expect so. Suzuki was really good about not changing much between models and years. I had a 96 GSXR600 fork set assembled with an 89 750 wheel and 99 750 calipers and it all lined up perfectly. The 600 forks used a larger diameter axle, though. But the rotor spacing and caliper mounting was all fine.

The GSXR1100 fork lowers have inserts for the axle that look to take a 20mm axle.
    Suzuki used a 20mm axle in the GSXR's for close to a decade. The 96+ 750 stuff started changing that, though. But all early 90's and late 80's stuff should be the same. Your 1100 forks should be OK, because the 1100 never changed much after about 94 and was sold with no development until the end of the run around 98-99.

Another thing is the 1996 forks I have (id sticker on fork leg) would be a WT model right?
    and these are compatible with 93 to 95 W models as well I am assuming.
    They should be.

Mark

Comment

Working...
    X