Wheels for GS1150E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels for GS1150E?

I am looking to upgrading my wheels for my 86 GS1150E , 17" front and back would be good can anyone help?

thx redeyes

Yea I did mine. Get a wheel from a GS500E( mine was a 2000), I used the GS500 Speedo drive and made a sapcer for the other side. I went with one disc. You have to use one from an early (mine was 96 model) Katana 600. a 88-92 GSXR caliper bolts on to the stock 1150 fork leg. I had to add a small shim (2mm) to center the disc. It keeps the stock front fender and forks and really looks good. The rear I used a GSXR 5.5 rear wheel, converted to 530 chain and GSXR front sprocket. Had to make a brake arm but other than that it was bolt on. The bike really looks good with the 17" inch whells on it.

Comment

Wheel off a gsx600f(Katana 600)

Thx m8' One of my m8's as get some wheels off a GSX600F(Katana) will they
      fit as i would like to stick with two disk on the front.

Comment

Most likely. The GS500E wheel has the holes for two disc. It just has a plastic cover on one side that can be removed and a disc added. the reason I used a GS500 wheel was because the axle is the same as the 1150. I am sure a early Katana wheel is the same. You have to use the Katana disc and it bolts on so it should be the same. the rear Katana wheel has a smaller axle than the 1150 and is not wide.

Comment

Thx for that will get front wheel and fit it . wot is the max you can go on the back with a stock swingarm,brake arm?

Comment

I used the GSXR 5.5 but had to make a brake arm because of the width of the stock swingarm. It is easy though.

Comment

Thx for that I'll give it a go and let you no how it go's

Comment

Working...
              X