retourque head gasket ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

retourque head gasket ???

:? Well i just fired up my gs750L from its winter rebuild (WISECO big bore kit that is). THe good news its nice and quite and strong. But a couple of Problems both oil leak related The first one was the valve cover Gasket I must not have got the front cam chain guide all the way down and it seems to have stuck up far enough to keep the valve cover gasket from sealing . my other concern is the base gasket was weaping a small amount of oil at first on one side but now it appears to have stopped. do you think i should retourgue the head agiain to give it a better clamp on the base gasket??
    Any one else had this problem ???

Did you put the o-rings on the base of the cylinders?

Comment

o rings installed and no sealer on the gasket

Comment

You might want to recheck all your torque settings on the head nuts to make sure that they are still up to spec.

Comment

Originally posted by graham harron
          o rings installed and no sealer on the gasket
          If you didn't put any oil on the gasket (dry), I think it's normal to weap a bit at first as the gasket swells. The head gaskets I use say they don't need retorquing.

Comment

Thanks thats what i wanted to here !!!

Comment

FYI
              Just finished up looks good now!
              One thing that was a big suprise was the head bolts/nuts had loosened way up,even know i tightend them up in three stages., and the motor had ran less than 20 minutes.It probaly is the gasket i used its the cometic gasket that came with the wiseco kit. There was no instructions on retorgue or not.

Comment

Working...
              X