Is my slide trashed? - Jet Kit Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJ
    Measure the inside of the the part of the carb that slips into the carb boot (closest to the engine, not by the air cleaner). If it measures 34mm across then it's the same.
    Ok, I'll get back to you tomorrow and let you know. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
      Measure the inside of the the part of the carb that slips into the carb boot (closest to the engine, not by the air cleaner). If it measures 34mm across then it's the same.
      OK RJ, I do have the 34mm carbs. Let me know how you'd like to proceed.
      Thanks.

Comment

Send me a zip code so I can calculate a shipping cost.

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
          Send me a zip code so I can calculate a shipping cost.
          Just PM'd you...

Comment

Here's an update - I finished the rest of the carbs today. All went well, thanks to the suggestions and ideas from everyone who replied.

I drilled the remaining three slides, that I didn't screw up, in 4 steps. I used 4 different sized bits from smallest to the one supplied in the K&N kit. It worked great and all wound up being the proper sizes and shapes....

RJ, as soon as I get that slide from you, the beast will live. :twisted:

Comment

It's on the way. Went to the NO Jazzfest today. No time for shipping. I'll get it out to you Mon or Tues. Don't worry about shipping costs. I'll make it a freebe. Just pass on a good deed to another when you get the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
                It's on the way. Went to the NO Jazzfest today. No time for shipping. I'll get it out to you Mon or Tues. Don't worry about shipping costs. I'll make it a freebe. Just pass on a good deed to another when you get the opportunity.
                That's great!! I really appreciate that, and I will pass on the good deed!!

Comment

Just sent the slide out this AM so you should get it back by the end of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
                    Just sent the slide out this AM so you should get it back by the end of the week.
                    Awesome RJ. Thanks a million.
                    Where are you located, BTW?

Comment

That would be New Orleans.

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
                        That would be New Orleans.
                        Cool. I bet that is a blast living there!

Comment

If you like hot weather, great food and music, it's right up your alley. In fact riding in the summer gets to be unbearable at times, so it's like winter for the Northern guys. Great time to crank on the fan and rip the bike apart for a long-term project.

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
                            If you like hot weather, great food and music, it's right up your alley. In fact riding in the summer gets to be unbearable at times, so it's like winter for the Northern guys. Great time to crank on the fan and rip the bike apart for a long-term project.
                            I can imagine...

I always wanted to get down there at least once for Mardi Gras. Someday...

Comment

RJ,

Got the slide today. Thanks again!

Hopefully I'll have this baby running Friday....

Comment

Working...
                              X