Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunlop Sportmax D208 GP

2 words: WOW! Sticky!

I had 208ZR's on my TL1000S- they are superb and will make you think that you can walk on water. Can't wait to try them on the GS when my rebuild/wheel refit is complete. Ride On, Ed.
    1983 GS750ED

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolGS
      I had 208ZR's on my TL1000S- they are superb and will make you think that you can walk on water. Can't wait to try them on the GS when my rebuild/wheel refit is complete. Ride On, Ed.
      1983 GS750ED
      TL1000S! \/ Nice!

Comment

208s are what I run now. I picked up a set of Michelin Race Pilot take-offs in good shape for $55. After I replace the '88 front end with the '95 I'm going to mount the Michelins. I need to update the tired old shock too.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
          208s are what I run now. I picked up a set of Michelin Race Pilot take-offs in good shape for $55. After I replace the '88 front end with the '95 I'm going to mount the Michelins. I need to update the tired old shock too.
          hey billy! long time no...

haven't run michelins in forever so can't compare.
          been running metz/pirellis dot production tires that friends 'qualify' on for many years.
          they just switched to dunlops, my last experience was from many years ago and i just remembered how 'greasy' they felt when cold. these are like velcro, they will most likely melt when the temperature starts to go up!

time will tell.

Comment

I averaged 1800-2000 miles on the rear before needing replacement. These were very hard miles and the TL was very hard on the rear tire. Wheel spin was non existant on a 420lb bike with tons of torque and a 6in/190 rear- the thing would loft the front end without effort in the first 3 gears. I bought replacement 208's as a set for $225 w/shipping. Ride On, Ed.
            1983 GS750ED

Comment

personal experience tells me that 208's are very sticky compared to what we ride on out gs's, but truth be told, the 208 is the LEAST sticky of the bunch. top to bottom, is the pilot POWER, Metz/perelli Sportec or corse/ bridge stone bt014, then the 208, i work in a bike shop and that is what we all have decided on. the POWER has a 52 degree lean angle ability dry and 40 wet. the 08 is down at around 42 dry.

Comment

Working...
              X