• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miles pr. gallon

Hi

I just tested how many miles I got pr gallon....... 48,5

Is this good or bad ????

GS 1000 GLx ( Wiseco 1100ccm - KN-filter - Dyno jet stage 1-Yoshimura 4into1 ).

This was on the back roads,with wery mixed driving.

Re: Miles pr. gallon

That gas milage is excellent. There are plenty of guys with 750's and 850's that dont do that good. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Einar J Skog
    Hi

I just tested how many miles I got pr gallon....... 48,5

Is this good or bad ????

GS 1000 GLx ( Wiseco 1100ccm - KN-filter - Dyno jet stage 1-Yoshimura 4into1 ).

This was on the back roads,with wery mixed driving.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

8O 8O 8O I don't think my 94 1100 gets that good of milage. I think it was mid to high 30's when I measured it last summer. The older 83 1100 is even lower. This is in city driving.

Comment

I average around 35 with the 750. That being said, it's definitely not running to its full potential at the moment - noticeably rich.

Comment

My 1150E gets 40-42 mpg highway at 70 mph.

Earl

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

miles per gallon

my 85 gs550l only gets 40-44 at best

Comment

45 to 48 in the KZ550
              22 to 24 in the GS1000
              17 to 20 in the XG350

I am going to just go get a darn H2 and get it over with :x

Comment

My 1150E gets 40-42 mpg highway at 70 mph.
                my 85 gs550l only gets 40-44 at best
                I have found that the big bikes get significantly higher mileage than the smaller ones. Which is logical, as the engines are running slower and they have more torque available to pull taller gearing. The smaller bikes are always running higher revs and that kills efficiency in the extra pumping and frictional losses. The only tank I have got a good read on with my 1100E gave me 46mpg in mixed highway/city riding while commuting. Keep in mind that is Imperial gallons, not US.

Earl, where do you actually cruise at 70? I regularly see 140km/h indicated on my commute in to work! If I am actually going 70mph (113kmh) on the highway here something is wrong... I bet my mileage would be pretty good if I could keep it down to 70mph for a whole tank, too.

BTW, does anybody else find the stock gearing (15/42) kind of short for the 1100? It is revving away on the highway and sure feels like it could use a 6th gear or maybe one more tooth on the countershaft. Or is it just me?

Mark

Comment

I dont ride on interstate highways. I downright hate them if I'm on a bike.
                  State and local highways are posted 55 mph limit. I usually cruise 70. :-)

E.

[quote="mark m"]
                  Earl, where do you actually cruise at 70? I regularly see 140km/h indicated on my commute in to work! If I am actually going 70mph (113kmh) on the highway here something is wrong... I bet my mileage would be pretty good if I could keep it down to 70mph for a whole tank, too.

Comment

State and local highways are posted 55 mph limit. I usually cruise 70.
                    Ah, that makes much more sense now. And that 70 takes some restraint, too...If more cops understood how controlled you were being at that point, they would never hand out a ticket to a bike.

Mark

Comment

tHE 1300KAWA GAVE ME JUST UNDER 60 WHEN I KEPT IT JUST around 60-65MPH--THE GHS1166 GAVE ME 40 OR 50 WHEN I WAS JUST CRUISING OR RIDING EASY. The 1200 buell always gives me 40-50 even when i cruise at 70 or 80.
                      all no racing mpg.
                      the cmt200 gives over 70 when i dont push it over 60 mph--im not sure if i replied to this thread already---OR im just bragging

Comment

Went to 16 teeth on the front sprocket, which reduced the handlebar tingle to bearable at 120 kph on the 'ol 84 GS1150EF

Comment

Best I got was 52 . I get 43-47 on average
                          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

In standard form my 78 GS1000 used to get 18 kpl (50mpg in imperial) on the highway. Modified it usually get 20 kpl. All not too bad considering what many seem to get on standard bikes.

Interestingly the ST1100 Honda get 20 to 23 kpl on the highway (being sorta legal), goes down to 18kpl in spirited riding. I weighs 60kg more than the GS and has a 28 litre tank...not too bad considering it is a Honda after all

Comment

The 650 does 50-55mpg.

My honda 90 gave me 80mpg,flat chat all the way,55mph,flat on the tank!

Comment

Working...
                              X