Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 (82) frame width at swingarm pivot

Hello All,

I am wondering if anybody can tell me the frame width at the swingarm pivot for a GS(X)1100E 1982.

Have come across a 1996 GSF1200 Bandit with 20mm swingarm pivot bolt and 20mm axle.
    The swingarm length is 53 to 58 cm (dependent on axle/chain adjustment) from pivot to axle.
    (im not sure on the standard GS1100 swinger length, will measure later).

The width is 21.2cm with no bushes or 21.95cm with bushes fitted.
    Anyway I was thinking it seems a good candidate for a mono shock conversion.

If somebody can tell me or direct me to some frame dimensions (frame width at swing arm pivot), it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ed

I found out the swingarm is 221mm so the frame couldnt be much more.

Cheers

Ed

Comment

I happen to have my 81 1100 apart right now so here's what I've found. It should be the same as your 82. The swingarm pivot with bushings and caps is 225mm, the frame appears to be about 226-227mm, the bolt is 16mm and from pivot center to wheel center is approx. 51-55cm in length. A guy named Katman has done a conversion using that swingarm for a dual shok set-up so you should be able to do a mono, though I couldnt tell you that for sure. Hope that helps.

Comment

thankyou this is very helpful,

I have read katman's thread soo many times, sometimes I find it difficult to go thru it all to get to what I want.

...should have book marked the right pages!

thanks

Ed

Comment

Working...
        X