Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found gold in a Junk Yard for the GS!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found gold in a Junk Yard for the GS!!!!!

While looking through some junk bikes at a yard in MS. Saturday afternoon. I found a set of Keihin FCR 39mm Flatslides hanging under a GSXR1100 that the motor was gone out of. one of the red Velocity Stacks has a small piece cracked off and the pull side of the throttle cable bracket is broke off. The bracket bolts on and so does the stack. I will get in touch with Sudco to see how much for new pieces. I pulled them loose took them to the front with a GS side cover I found and put them on the counter. $120 dollars for the carbs and the side cover! FCR carbs are like $900 bucks new. These are the newer ones with the roller slides. I gave them a good cleaning, and as soon as I get a throttle bracket I am going to stick them on my GS. I had just got some 38mm Mikuni RS carbs for it :x . They have 155 main jets in them but I will tune them when I get them on the bike. Or I might just sell them for a small profit! I already have the RS carbs dialed in with pod filters.

I'd say you got lucky!! It's a wonder that the person behind the parts counter didn't know what they were!! 8O 8)

Comment

Now that's a great find
      Love the sound of the FCR's
      I'd be tempted to keep em and sell the RS's

Comment

39's

I thought that at first but they have no choke and the slides really clatter. They are really good carbs though. My RS's already have K&N filters and I would need to buy the adapters to run filters for the other ones. Also the Keihin carbs has a 1/4 turn throttle which for the road is not that great.

Comment

Working...
        X