Who knows tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows tires?

I am wondering what is the largest size of tire you can run on a 1982 Suzuki Gs1100E. If any one can answer this question as well as tell me the best type of tires to run I would appreciate it.

Depends on if you want a stock rim and swingarm.

Will it be used for a daily rider? Drag bike? Or cornering machine?

Depending on use will factor into an answer.

Keep in mind, the wider the tire, the harder it wil lbe to make the machine
    lean/turn.
    Also too wide a tire on a stock rim can be bad. The tire doesn't seat up correctly on the rim,squishing the bead onto the rim, causing the tire
    to be more round then it should.
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

does 180 or 185 sound correct for the stock rim. i think i have 180 on my 1983 1100ed and i think that duncan said i could run a 185. im looking for a wider swing arm etc as soon as the engine is back in.

Comment

I will running stock swingarm and Wheels. So what would be a good overall tire wihtout having to modify my bike?

Comment

I will running stock swingarm and Wheels. So what would be a good overall tire wihtout having to modify my bike?
          The biggest rear tire you can fit is a 140 on the stock rim. The front will take a 100 at most.

I am running Bridgestone BT-45's and am very happy with them.

does 180 or 185 sound correct for the stock rim.
          Not even close. A 180 will be a radial and needs a 5.5 or 6" wide rim to operate properly.

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X