Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kind of performance does a 450 get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of performance does a 450 get?

What kind of performance numbers does a GS450L lay down? Like 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc. I put about 100 miles on the GS today just crusing around town and the country side, and opened it up a few times. While I'm sure I can't go play with the 600CC sport bikes, it still felt pretty quick. Like I was putting down somewhere in the area of 12-13 second 1/4 times. This is just a rough comparision to when I was into muscle cars. I was thinking about tacking the G-Tech meter on the bike, but I was thinking I prolly wouldn't get very accurate results considering how much a bike moves around.

Well this is just a guess, but I had a GS400S with the 4 valves and I think I got maybe high 13's lw 14's at the most. Top speed was around 170-180KPH (110) indicated. I hope that helps. I'll search for you and see what I can come up with.

Comment

This 2 valve version had a top speed of 105 mph. Mine probably did 110 with the 4 valves. Maybe yours 115?

Correction:
      ON this site it says the "L" (Leather? :-)) version had one less horsepower than mine but probably the top is still around the same 105-110. it was also 50 pounds heavier.

Comment

Working...
      X