'91 GSXR 1100 engine swap to a 750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'91 GSXR 1100 engine swap to a 750?

I am the proud owner of a '91 GSXR 1100 in great condition all around (runs great). I am curious about swapping the engine of this bike into a 750. I haven't read up on it much so forgive me if i sound stupid. But i want to do it because the insurance sucks, the bike itself is huge, and I want to do it just so I can do it.

Many people do it, so I know its not impossible or foolish. What are anyone's thoughts? Before i look into it more.

Swap into a 750 what? GSXR? GS? What year?

Mark

Comment

the GSXR 1100 isnt that difernt from the GSXR 750, they share components, the 750 is lighter but its a whole project and you really need to own a whole gsxr 750 to make it worth while,now if you were gonna put the motor in a old GS Ive seen it done but the question is WHY! the motor mounts all have to be changed to stick a Gixer engine in a GS750,

I would say your lucky to have a old monster like the gixer 11 and keep it together, and ride

Comment

There was a Bike of the Month a couple of years ago with and 1100 stuffed into an '83 750 frame. He had to raise the tank abit to clear the top of the engine. Other than that it looked like it was made for the bike.

Comment

Genetic engineering of an extinct species

These guys have all the answers for you....

Comment

thanks for the replies, after hearing what you guys have said and looking a little more closely at the project i don't think it would be worth it. The reasons you guys have posted i must agree. However, if I total my gsxr 1100 and the engine is in-tact I'll look into more. But for now i have a great running gsxr, that I'll have to indure the insurance on.

Comment

Working...
            X