No announcement yet.

Do I want this 'busa header? (Pics!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an Aussie "Megacycle" hand made pipe built for my 1981 GS1000S, absolutely brilliant pipe, with lots more ground clearance than a Kerker or V&H pipe.

Trouble is, it's a race pipe and you have to take it off to remove the oil filter or drop the oil, but that's ok, I like to do that and "anti-sieze" the exhaust bolts while I'm at it.

While I was waiting there I looked in the big industrial skip and it was FULL of almost-new OEM exhaust systems that they'd taken off Hayabusa's, GSXR's, R1's, Fireblades etc. (some are Titanium!)

The owners didn't obviously want to keep them, and I wondered if I took them all and hung them in my garage, could I sell them in 20 years time for megabucks like guys are doing now on Ebay for good used OEM systems? Hmmnn, I might just do that! Cheers, Terry. :twisted:

Comment

If you want to see how this came out I've got pics of the bike up over in Appearance Mods.

I'll be writing up the 'busa can mod when I get the chance and posting it here.

/\/\ac

Comment

Working...
      X