Gearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gearing

So I changed the rear end on efe for a Katana 750 wheel and went for the 530 conversion.
    The gearing is now 15 front and 42 rear 42 rear for the katana (tea pot) is is correct, but the EFE runs a 47 standard for the rear, the bike runs great lots of punch in all the gears which I love, but tends to run out of top end @ 180 kmh @ 9000 rpm
    @ 6000 rpm it will run @ 140 kmh or 100MPH all day, seeing as im running renthals @ anything over 140 its tough work for a long run(or am I being a Whimp)

110KPH about 70MPH is the speed limit here in Canada, not that it maters.
    So since most of my riding is arround the city, do you think its a problem running a 42 aposed to the to standard gearing, allso My EFE had a fluffy spot in the revs, and from what I heard alot of the EFE'S have it 4.500 RPM with the gearing at 42 its gone
    any suggestions on gearing will be appreciated.
    and By the Way I Fing LOve My My DINOBYKE

Stock gearing on my bike was 14/45. Now with the 4.5" GSXR wheel I'm running a 16 front and a 42 rear. It's a 520 conversion but the only difference between a 530 and 520 is width. Every other dimension is the same. I think I could go to a 17 front and still have the bike pull hard. The larger front gives the chain an easier path around the sprocket.

Comment

Joe, I've sent you an email and a PM. I am saying something in here because I saw you didn't get the PM yet but had been on. Didn't want to miss you. It's important.

Comment

Hoomie I anawered your home email mate
        here it ZoundZ Knarly with the wolf PIPE
        [/img]

Comment

Working...
        X