footpeg desperation!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

footpeg desperation!!!

I'm sure you're all getting sick of me asking about new footpegs/rearsets for my 450L, but just one more. a few days ago I removed my footpeg/exhaust brackets to shine them up, all went well and the brackets looked good. A few days later though, i realized (doh) that I had failed to torque the brake lever cinch bolt sufficiently when said lever fell off at 75mph on the freeway. now it needs replacing, however, since I am trying to move the controls anyway it doesn't make sense for me to buy a replacement and THEN chop/weld it to a new length. I'm taking the 2 hour trip to Sacremento tomorrow to visit the wrecking yard, and was hoping someone might have some suggestion regarding what I should keep an eye out for. Something like the tarozzi rearsets (see "streetfighter from hell") would be ideal, I think, but I doubt they will have a pair at the yard, and I can't get anyone to tell me how much they cost new. I don't mind fabricating a bracket or something, I just want it to look clean in the end.

Disclaimer - I have not done this to my 1100, so it is only speculation...

That said, I would look for some later model sportbike peg sets and make a bracket to fit them. Late 90's and 2000's GSXR stuff is pretty common and very light and neat. It would look really nice on your GS and should be cheap (cheap is good). The kink would be making sure your shift linkage can be adapted easily and that the rear brake can be worked out. Given enough time and effort, I know I could make a set work, but that depends somewhat on your budget and skills.

Mark

Comment

Working...
    X