New Gs1100 Project "Street Monster"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gs1100 Project "Street Monster"

Heres the start of my new project "Street Monster". Goals are- Streetable for city rides,Mono rear shock,newer frontend,1260cc max,making 160hp on motor alone,around 200hp with nos , And most important spending as little$$$ as possible! Many other little goodies also as it comes together.
    As for spending $$$ i do all my own engine-head-fab work. So that should keep the cost down by the thousands. Ill try to include some pics as i go along.. Also looking for a 1200-1260 18mm pin piston kit w/Block. Let me know what you think, any questions just ask..

Aj

[/img]

sounds like a great project. have you seen philofab's? I know that he did some custom front end stuff. How do you plan on pulling off the mono-shock? I think it would be really cool, but it seems like you'll have to change quite a lot.

Comment

Im going to use either a Chromoly or aluminum and make an arm. Or if i can find a gixxer arm ill use one of those. Ill have to fab up some brackets on the frame for the mono shock. ill use a fox twin clicker on the rear and newer gsxr forks up front. 17" rims but, may try to get a 6" on the rear instead of the commonly used 5.5" rims. This bike will see tons of track time. So i guess the 6" rear rim would be the best choice. And i have a gsxr 1000 rear here already, well see...

Comment

Looks like a very cool project but I guess you won't be using your rear brake anymore huh? Tell us about the Gixxer head conversion!

Comment

Can you make this fit as well? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/suzuk...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

robinjo,
            you can not use the gsxr pistons. The gixxer pins are 20mm the gs 1100 are 18mm. Now you can use the pistons with the 1150 crankshaft. People have been doing that for years. As for the gixxer Block, I dont think thats usable on a gs at all. Has a different casting shape at bottom of block. Plus the gs block cools the pistons much Better anyways. They just have more meet and cooling fins then the gixxers.

Comment

Working...
            X