X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will a rear rim from a gs500

fit my gs1100....

both 17in

but gs500 is 1 inch wider which would allow me to run a 140 or 150 rear tire with out turn in problems....

kevin

Here are a couple searches that have some info. I bought an 1150 rear wheel and an 83 front wheel to match it. I have not put either on yet but the only modification I think is needed is to make a new rear calipar support because the fatter tire will rub against the stock one.

1982 GS1000S Katana
    1982 GS1100E

Comment

I had similar thoughts a few years ago, I was admiring an 18 inch 3 spoke rear wheel off a Suzuki RGV250 at a wrecking yard, but one of the guys there who races bikes told me a horror story about a guy he knew who fitted one to an 1100 katana and pretty much tore the rear sprocket off when he fed a little too much power into the rear wheel, while hoisting the front one.

Seems those wheels were good for no more than 60-odd BHP, and the guys 1100 was good for around twice that. I don't know if the GS500 wheel is the same, but I'm guessing they are very similar, so be careful mate. I've been looking for a pair of 3 spoke 1988 GSXR1100J wheels, from memory they were 18 inch front and rear, so no getting stuck on speed humps or dragging engine cases around corners, but you can still fit wider rubber. Cheers, Terry. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
      X