No announcement yet.

crankcase breather on turbo engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the original topic, I ran into this same problem on my Kawasaki Z1 that's turbocharged - the stock crankcase breather wasn't allowing enough air to flow and I got a few unwanted oil leaks too. In the end I modified the cam cover to have two additional vents - this helped greatly.

Just make sure if you have hose going out back, that it's not near the tire. My turbo bike does blow out an oil mist - I now have all the vent hoses routed under the swing arm and back to the rear axle so they clear as much of the bike as possible.

When placing any vents in the cam cover, avoid putting them in positions where the cam or camchain can easily throw oil up the vent.

On some bikes you can add a vent to either the kickstarter area, or where the starter motor goews (only if you remove the motor though...)

Comment

Okay guys, I've tackled the problem, thanks for your help. First, there is boost very early on this motor 'cos of the VNT turbo. This means my lockup clutch has to be weighted on a lot to prevent slip, but also means more blowby from lower revs than usual. This combined with some old seals is causing the oilleaks. I've fitted a HUGE hose to a new oil-fller cap mounted sleeve, and replaced the clutch-lever seal. Now it holds up just fine. Pics later!

Grtz, Marco.

Comment

Working...
      X