Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'83 GS750 Jet question with 'busa exhaust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'83 GS750 Jet question with 'busa exhaust.

Well I managed to get the Hayabusa pipes and cans fitted to my GS750, I'll post pics and details once I get her up and running...which shouldn't be long now!

I've got two jetting options:

Main jet = 120 or (117.5)
    Main air jet = 155 maybe 1.55? or (1.7)
    Jet needle = 5D10 or (5D12)
    Needle jet = Y-7 or (Y-6)
    Pilot jet = 40 or (37.5)

The bike has a stock airbox and Uni filter, stock downpipes with 'busa mids and cans. Everything is stock except the 'busa parts.

What I'm looking for is this: driveability and mileage. This is my FIRST BIKE since I was a kid with a dirt bike and I'm sure that the 750 will be quite enough for me in whatever trim for at least the first set of tires.

I've got two sets of carbs cleaned, jetted, bench balanced and ready to go on so I guess my question is this. Will I most likely be able to tune it to run well using the stock jets, maybe shimming the needles a little? I bought a Carbtune II so I should be able to dial it in.

Thanks, let me know if I need to give more info.
    /\/\ac

P.s. (edit) Sig says '84 EF, message says '83. Bike is both...but it'll look like the EF when I get the painting done.

I am looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by kevan
      I am looking forward to seeing some pictures.

I've taken some pics and I'll do a write up when its all done. The hardest part...once I stepped back a took a good look at what I was doing again... is fiddling around with the stock header to 'busa midpipe connection and that is what I'll devote the most time to.

Its pretty bad a$$ though. 8)

Comment

Working...
      X