new jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new jets

just installed new main jets in my 79 gs 750,i took off the air box and installed uni pod filters, what a difference,took it up to 8,500 banged second gear and pulled the front wheel off the ground not bad for a 750,cant wait till feb when i get my big bore kit!!!!!!!!!!

Ah---- a Pirate loves his Rum :twisted:
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

What size do you got in there now?

Comment

The pod filters require more than just main jet changes.
        Raise the jet needles/possible jet kit needed...pilot fuel screw richening/possible larger pilot jets.. remove the float bowl vent lines.
        Don't run the bike with only main jet changes, you'll be very lean at anything under 3/4 throttle.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

jets

i changed out the stock 102.5 mains and went to 112.5,s-the needle jet is as far up as she'll go-ive been doin alot of research on the jet # game, i was gonna go with 115,s but the were gonna take a week to get so for ten bucks i said screw it and put the 112.5,s in.the pilot jets are stock #15,s the bike doesnt seem to be runnin lean i check the plugs periodically the bikes a 79 so the stock vm's can be tweeked a little (air fuel screw)i also went with a dyna ignition a couple months ago which made it run a little better.any tips or tricks you,s guys have will be helpful thanx smokey

Comment

Working...
          X