1.0 at 34 MPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.0 at 34 MPH

The driveway is just too damm short for this...

Re: 1.0 at 34 MPH

Originally posted by lecroy
    The driveway is just too damm short for this...

http://dickey.intell-a-sys.com/movies/clutch1.wmv
    I was however an interesting study of a wheelie bar in action--Stinks of rubber in my computer room now
    Vrey informative as far as testing for correct rpm for a proper launch.

Thanks for posting it even if you were just joking.

Comment

Looks like fun, I bet you scared a few drivers going down the street.
      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

It launches like it has a slider in it?????? I thought you ran a lockup.

Comment

Yea, it was a play on Jake's 110 MPH post, which was a great milestone in the history of Texas Jake.

It launches like it has a slider in it?????? I thought you ran a lockup.
          I'm not sure what you mean by launching like a slider. It's the same old lockups I have always had. No frills. I would like to try an MTC multi-stage lockup sometime to see if I could tune it any better. The following data was taken during last run. The top graph shows engine RPM (yellow) and output shaft RPM (red). Center graph shows boost in PSIG. Notice at about 6 feet out, the springs have done all they could. It takes about 0.2 seconds for the clutch to settle down. Very soft setup. Maybe this is what you meant?

At about 11' the weights really start to kick in and the engine starts to lug all the way down below 5000 RPM, the the heat is starting to come up along with some pressure. I cut the throttle after about 0.9 seconds because the short driveway. Then on the brakes hard.

It's interesting that by the time I release the button, the bike takes about 0.05 seconds to start moving.

Comment

The really low rpm. I'm used to guys with lockups launching alot higher than that. The lowest I ever go is around 6800-7600. We have guys at the track that launch around 8000. The slider guys always launch around 4500 or so it seems. Plus I've always had guys that run sliders tell me they could go out in the driveway and launch their bike no problem. My bike would have turned sideways and hit your truck if I would have tried that.

Comment

Ah, the slow and lazy fooled ya.

With you going to the slider next year, I will be very interested in seeing how your driving the bike back works out for you. Post some pictures of the modified hat, cover and any other changes you make if you don't mind.

Comment

Working...
              X