Carb Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Similar upgrade.

I have been looking for a similar upgrade. I have been fighting my old carbs for a few years now. adjusting/replacing parts and only working for half the season.

Does anybody have a suggestion on a replacement set of carbs for a 82 GS850G

Comment

parts for GSXR, BAndit or RF- carbs
      should be very easy to find. These carbs are all Mikuni, the main jets are actually the same as in the old GS-carbs. For replacement parts like diaphragms there are several oportunities for aftermrket at home in gErmany... I dont know for US. But I just bought a cheap set of carbs with one broken diaphragm for parts... was round 8.- on Ebay. Or get one from a wrecked bike with damaged housing. Especially the BAndit-carbs are very available...

carbs for the GS850:
      I am not 100% sure about the rubber-sizes but as far as I know there are only two carb flange sizes common on Suzi 4 bangers. A big one on GS1100 and GSXR 750/1100s from 89. And a smaller one for GS 750,850,1000 and stuff like GSX 600F, the old GSXR1100 (86-88). I once wanted to mount the 34mmCV flats from an old 87Gixer on a GS1100 engine and I would have to use the GS750 rubbers as the GS1100 were too large in diameter (carbs would just fall in and off). decided not worth the hassle and used later Gixer-carbs which fit right on. So if you are looking for carbs for your 850 and I assume it has the smaller carb flange size I would probably go for GSX 600F carbs (maybe this modell has another name in the US...). they are 32mm CV flat slides and should work great after rejetting. Or 600 BAndit carbs, which should be the same...

Regards
      Flo

Comment

Thanks flo. My bike has the mikuni BS32SS carbs on it. Trying to find what models have 32MM carb that will be a suitable replacement on my GS850G.

Comment

double post...

Comment

glad to help.
            As I mentioned, the 600 BAndit and GSX600F (might be a 600 "Katana" in the US) have 32mm carbs. Should work for you. old GSXR1100 (until 88) have 34mm with the same flange... could be a light hopup, but these carbs get oooooold too.

Comment

Working...
            X