First time crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time crash?

No one liked the video? I figured the Suzuki riders would have eaten it up....

I was at one of the local tracks and just happended to be in the right place at the right time to get this shot. You need to watch it a couple of times to see what happens. He starts out ok, then he lets go of the clutch a bit early so he starts to back it up into the tree. Then the lights come down while hes backing up. So he goes for it and dumps the clutch while the bike is still rolling backwards. It looks like he just did not expect the thing to grab like it did and he lost his grip.

I saw another HD crash at the same track a while after this one, where the guy staged the bike in the center of the track. In the oil, not the rubber. About the same end results.

I thought it was cool. You can bet I took it to work the next day and was showing it to the "harley guys".

Comment

Haha...

No, thats mean...

No, haha.

At least he walked away from it OK.

Comment

Those Sporty's are tough I'm sure it was fine. It would be faster if it was painted orange and black.

If he's going to keep poping the clutch he'd need a butt rest, cause hanging on by one hand is hard to do.
        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

who won?????

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
            who won?????
            With the new IHRA rules it very well could have been 'Droppy the Clown'...

Comment

Originally posted by bgmart450
              Originally posted by scotty
              who won?????
              With the new IHRA rules it very well could have been 'Droppy the Clown'...
              Oh really??????--My pet peve :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

I have to reserve judgment on the poor fellow. Having crashed myself at the strip I feel for him. My case was quite different two bikes ran before me and one of them threw a rod out the side of motor. there was oil everwere but the spotter did not see it and sent me and my opponent down the track. I hit the oil at over 120 and crashed thereafter I was hurt, broken collarbone ,torn knee ligaments etc but more imoportant I was sooooo embarased .

Comment

Originally posted by skip[
                  I have to reserve judgment on the poor fellow. Having crashed myself at the strip I feel for him. My case was quite different two bikes ran before me and one of them threw a rod out the side of motor. there was oil everwere but the spotter did not see it and sent me and my opponent down the track. I hit the oil at over 120 and crashed thereafter I was hurt, broken collarbone ,torn knee ligaments etc but more imoportant I was sooooo embarased .
                  Ok... the Clown bit was harsh. I really didn't mean it that way. Just kinda something that flew out. I honestly would have said nothing if I didn't see him walk back to his bike. I am more glad that he's OK than he dropped his HD, no really I am.

Sounds like this dude fared alot better physically than your crash, mentally probably just as bad tho....

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
                    It would be faster if it was painted orange and black.
                    I'm convinced that was his whole problem. He should have known better than to try and run it in silver/blue? Whatever it is. It ain't orange!

Brent, Droppy the clown. pffffffffffffffffffffffffft!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLOL!@!!!!!!

Comment

droppy the clown???? that is funny Looks to me from the video that maybey he was newer and did not have alot of runs at the track. The bike started pulling through the clutch and he was not in the launching position when he dumped the clutch. once the bike pulled forward and he had to back up he had a mental meltdown.

Comment

You know, now that I have looked at this video a bunch of times I see the problem ( I think) Looks like things did not go as planned when he had to back up so he was out of his mental groove . Next he had all his fingers on the clutch, so when the the bike launched hard there was no grip on the left handlebars becuse his hand was in the open position from releasing the clutch. I have posted this before but it may help someone else after seeing this video. I always put the clutch between my middle and ring finger and pull it into my pinky and ring finger when staging. This keeps at least two fingers and a partial grip on the handlebars at all times. it also makes slipping the clutch more controlable and precise.

Comment

Come on, don't get all sensitive. No real harm was done. This was funny stuff.

Last summer I was at the track and jumped on one of the pit bikes. Was going to push start it. Forgot that first gear was a crawler. Poped the clutch and down I went. You have to imagine a 200 pound guy pushing a little 80cc dirt bike and getting thrown to the asphalt. I had the bike up right in seconds, but it was too late. I was only about 20 feet from the stageing lanes and was caught.

You just have to laugh at some of the things people do......

At that same track I was running a Harley with my street bike and he broke down. I turned around towards the end of the track and I could see he was way back there so I chopped the throttle. Had so much wind that day I still broke out. The anouncers are yelling on the PA for the guy to just push it across the line to take the win. Which he does and I'm out. I was *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed at the time, but rules are rules.

Comment

I don't know what the rules are like down in the states, but as far a i know, up here in Canada the Bike has to cross the finish line under its own power.
                            Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
                            2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Hey Skip how about a movie or two from you showing us the proper technique for stomping other bikes. Theres this pesky Kaw that I just wanna stomp. I can take him with a rolling start, but he takes me off the line everytime.

Comment

Working...
                              X