550e guys running pod filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

550e guys running pod filters

How'd you get them to clear the frame and sidecover on the outside carbs? I figure I can angle them around the frame, but I'm going to have to cut the sidecovers for a good fit.

Re: 550e guys running pod filters

Originally posted by gasisontheright
    How'd you get them to clear the frame and sidecover on the outside carbs? I figure I can angle them around the frame, but I'm going to have to cut the sidecovers for a good fit.
    I had a set on a 79 550L, and it was tight. Have you tried a different brand or model of pod? If your rack area stays reasonably dry in rain, Emco pods work OK and are smaller then most. If it gets wet in there, avoid the Emco's. They clog up something feirce when wet.

Comment

The PO of my 79 550L put them on. He just "twisted" or "swirled" the outside airfilters a bit to clear the side covers. They sit tight against the covers. Just grab both ends of the filter and twist it a little as if you were wringing them out. They shorten up quickly and I didn't notice any performance problems yet. I'll probably go back to the regular airfilter box this winter when I do a complete tune-up. Seems to run better in stock form.

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X