Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VFR Swing arm to GS(X)1100EX

Hi Guys,
    I've searched through old posts on this site as well as the Old Skool Suzuki site but cannot find the answers.
    I have a complete rear end for a VFR750 (early nineties) and I want to fit it to my 1981 GSX1100EX. I've seen this conversion done in several magazine articles so know it has been done before.
    The VFR swinger is wider at the pivot than the stock item so it'll need to be machined and obviously I'll need to alter the frame to accept the monoshock but, can anybody who has done this work offer any help?
    This is the first time I have done any serious modifications to any of my bikes so I'd like to hear about any pitfalls before I send the arm to the machine shop and wield the angle grinder to the frame.
    Many thanks in anticipation,
    Deeds (Scotland)

Go to www.katanacentral.co.uk you will see a superbly modified Katana,and should be able to contact the owner via the website mamger.
    Dink

Comment

deeds

ey up deeds, small world eh!!

Comment

Thanks Dink, if it's the one I'm thinking of, he used a VFR400 (NC30) swinger and there are differences. I think I've thought through most of the mods required on the swing arm to get it to fit into the frame, I just need that leap of faith to take it up to my machinist and say 'Shorten that by 11mm each side and re-machine the bearing housings.'.
        The complete back end of the VFR750 was only 200 pounds ($320?) but I don't want to reduce it to scrap because they're is something I haven't taken into consideration.
        Hi John, fancy meeting you here!

Cheers

Deeds

Comment

Working...
        X