No announcement yet.

1982 GS1100EZ Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm back. why is this thread so hard to find? and my username has expired?
    and all the pictures are gone? and the timeline is backwards???

Oh well. I assume that there was a significant server change/crash and all the old (2006?) forum posts were salvaged?

Anyway, I sold my bike months ago after it was just sitting and getting neglected in the corner of the garage for months on end. I regretted it the day it went away. Anyway, the deal with the sale was that I got first right of refusal if he ever wanted to sell it. well, I got the call back from the buyer last week and picked it up. But it's been crashed, and I'm trying to figure out where I bought some of the parts so I can replace them.

BTW, I sold it for $1900, he got hit on it and the 80yr old man's insurance paid him $2600, then he sold it back to me for $450. The insurance supposedly "totaled" it, but they didn't take the bike or the title. I'm wondering if it will ever show totaled??? He took it to a shop that said the scratch in the exhaust was a $750 fix, etc. even though the whole exhaust cost me $253. It will probably cost me $150 to make it exactly the way it was minus fixing the scratch in the exhaust.

So anyway. I'll be posting up to continue this story if anyone cares.

-Kevin in Portland

Comment

nice to hear from you sir!

lemme know if you need anything...

Comment

Originally posted by outofcontrol View Post
        OK, I'm back. why is this thread so hard to find? and my username has expired?
        and all the pictures are gone? and the timeline is backwards???

Oh well. I assume that there was a significant server change/crash and all the old (2006?) forum posts were salvaged?

Anyway, I sold my bike months ago after it was just sitting and getting neglected in the corner of the garage for months on end. I regretted it the day it went away. Anyway, the deal with the sale was that I got first right of refusal if he ever wanted to sell it. well, I got the call back from the buyer last week and picked it up. But it's been crashed, and I'm trying to figure out where I bought some of the parts so I can replace them.

BTW, I sold it for $1900, he got hit on it and the 80yr old man's insurance paid him $2600, then he sold it back to me for $450. The insurance supposedly "totaled" it, but they didn't take the bike or the title. I'm wondering if it will ever show totaled??? He took it to a shop that said the scratch in the exhaust was a $750 fix, etc. even though the whole exhaust cost me $253. It will probably cost me $150 to make it exactly the way it was minus fixing the scratch in the exhaust.

So anyway. I'll be posting up to continue this story if anyone cares.

-Kevin in Portland
        welcome newbie

Comment

Well, here's all the damage.

doesn't really seem like enough to total a bike eh?

I'm not going to replace the Exhaust just for this blemish:

I know I bought this Ignition Cover NOS from somewhere, but I don't know where. I thought it was only like $20 too. This, I will have to replace.

I need a new fender and fork brace thingy:

I know how to find these turn signals, but I might want to replace the headlight surround/rim.

This banjo bolt needs to be replaced, but I'm thinking of a whole new M/C for the front brakes. I never really liked the feel of this one. Might be a good time to try something new. I got this one to seal up and bleed out, but it doesn't have the best action.

I stole these mirrors off my wife's 450 nighthawk. I like them so much, I'm just going to wait until a right one shows up on Ebay. there's a Left one right now for $9. I'm sure the match will show up some day.

Comment

hmmmmmm,
            1150 forks

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
              hmmmmmm,
              1150 forks
              & you can get just the megaphone from V&H! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                hmmmmmm,
                1150 forks
                Yea, I know. those 1150 forks allowed me to run a 3.5x17 tire up front while keeping the correct era look. And the fancy polished fork brace was one of my favorite features of the bike. Plus that's what Solo used. I just missed a fender on Ebay (it was about 40 miles from my house too!) but he didn't have the fork brace to go with it.

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                & you can get just the megaphone from V&H! Ray.
                I do remember buying the whole exhaust system for $253, and if I was going to do it, I'd replace it all. I was always bummed that I blued the headers when I first got the motor running. it was super lean! D'oh! But I was too eager to ride it than to re-jet it.

Comment

1150 triple clamps are wider than any other GS.

Comment

Working...
                  X