No announcement yet.

The Tribal GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeap it's the sidewinder, about $219 for it and I did find a baffle V&H make's for it only $34.

The bigg'est problem for you street cat's is making right hand turns, cause she'll going to grind
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by RobGS850L
      I have a Bassani on my bike w/o the baffle. It slid out the pipe on the freeway.
      That reminds me along time ago I had a bowling pin tied down on the back of my H2 when I live in AZ. When I got to a stop light a few miles down the road some lady said I lost something back there. Found out later it was the bowling pin, must of lost it in a pack of cars. Never did find it but I do recall a lot of banging noise going on and thought that was kind of odd :?
      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by xDUKEx
        isleoman that is the stock bucket and ears. i just ground off the rings that go over the forks, 4 hose clamps. place the hose clamps inside so you cant see the tightening bolts , looks pretty good. i looked everywhere for ears to fit the large forks without success

I have a set of headlight mounting ears from an older Buell. They fit on the 50mm forks but the ears are about an inch too short. They work but I'm going to make some "adjustments" to them to sit the headlight out where it should be.

This photo doesn't show it, but, I put one of those 8" headlights from a bike like yours, on my bike as well. I think it looks so cool. I love those huge headlights. The thing is damn near a bikini fairing.

Comment

Ogri, Thanks for the Buell sugestion, they look good on your forks.

The side plates that mount to the bucket should be pretty easy to fab or lengthen.

Comment

got the back up to where it will be after shock springs, gives me about 4 1/2 inches of clearence. do you all think that is enough ????????

Comment

may have to go with another pipe. anyone know a good cheep pipe that tucks up nice ???? dont really like the V&H sidewinder.

Comment

Duke,
                Your bike is coming along great! It looks awesome.
                I can't tell you what the clearance is on my V&H street megaphone, but it looks like it's the same as the one you've got. I think anything with a 2x2 collector underneath the motor is going to have about the same clearance issue. Maybe someone makes a 4 into 2 into 1 that's flat.

Ogri,
                I didn't realize that you have a water buffalo until I saw this picture. I rode one of those last summer. What an odd sound that thing makes. Sounds like you are being chased by a swam of bumblebees.

-K

Comment

outofcontrol ive been watchin your project too. both bikes will be real nice and one of a kind. they will be similar too. except for the front ends and the color. keep up the good work !!!!!!!!

Comment

got the back up to where it will be after shock springs, gives me about 4 1/2 inches of clearence. do you all think that is enough ????????
                    If you think it would help, I have a set of fork extenders from Racetech that would fit your forks. They will lengthen your forks by nearly .5".

Originally posted by outofcontrol
                    Ogri,
                    I didn't realize that you have a water buffalow until I saw this picture. I rode one of those last summer. What an odd sound that thing makes. Sounds like you are being chased by a swam of bumblebees.

-K

Yea, you caught me. I don't have a GS. I'm a little out of my element here. I have a friend with a GS, so, can I stay?
                    There are those on the two stroke site that modify thier buffalos but not in the manner of the GS guys. I come over here to gather information from you guys and take it over there.

I have yet to ride my GT more than just down the street and back. When I purchased it, I did so with the intention of doing the modifications I am doing. My good friend with the GS, asked if I was going to ride it for the season and strip it down in the winter, or start stripping it down right away. I told him I would strip it down right away so that when it's finished, I'll never know just how bad I have screwed up this bike..... 8O

Comment

How long are those shocks eye to eye?

Comment

orgi they are 13 inches form eye to clevis. also i have never seen shock extenders where do they go on the forks??

Comment

Is there much room for preload adjustment? I would think that 13" would give you more hight than that in the back....

The extenders go inside the forks.....

Comment

1200 degree heat paint !!! how do ya all like the red header ?????? i can allways repaint it black.

Comment

also got the oil cooler partially mounted. NO LEAKS !!!!!!!

Comment

Personally, I don't like the red headers. I love the color red, but it seems like it is starting to take over your bike! Then again, it's yours, not mine, so do as you will!

Comment

Working...
                                X