The Tribal GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,,,,

You didn't put the drag bars on?? All you need now are some OHLINS baby...

Get in on the next buy.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by xDUKEx View Post
      i cant understand why they charge so much to polish these covers i done all of mine by hand a couple hours here and there and before you know it the have the mirror finish !!! im sure that a buff wheel would cut down the time alot. they hold the shine pretty good. just a once over evertime you clean the bike and they stay real nice . if you want to send them down feel free to. i will do them real cheap !!! i have seen ppl exchange your covers for polished ones, but they want 250. 00. i would do it for half that. the guy that had my swingarm paid 60 dollars a side to have it polished and it is 2 flat surfaces. the top of the swing isnt polished. i plan to do it this winter.
      The bike shop I sent my parts to for polishing charged me 90.00 hr. My stator cover alone was 160.00 (after taxes) and they did a lousy job.

I am one of those people who charge 250.00 exchange for the 4 covers. With only a polish wheel. Takes me about an hr to strip the clear off and about 1/2 a can of stripper. Then about 8hrs for polishing all the covers, including the stripping. That includes inside all the bolt hole areas as well. It takes even more time if the covers are scratched or damaged to get them smooth for polish. The three different polish compounds are not cheap either but the result is very nice. I also polish the cover bolts if they are sent with the covers for that price.

I could do it faster if I had the right equipment but its too much money and I am not that keen on polishing anyway. VEry Messy.

I am sorry guys if that seems expensive but that is what it takes for me to do it. It is certainly cheaper to do it ones self but with materials and time i am still 1/3 the cost of sending them out where I am. I understand of course there are always someone cheaper than the last guy.

Last edited by katman; 01-07-2008, 09:24 PM.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Rob yea i had them on, then i laid the bike down and bent them. i would like to have another set but id want them wider. say about 31 inches.if you look at the pic on top of this page you will see the bars !! cant seem to find them that long. i need to really clean the old gal up. hope you had a good x-mas and the new year is treatin ya good. cya Paul
        Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2008, 09:46 PM.

Comment

What about picking up some ROD and having a local shop bend it for ya?
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by xDUKEx View Post
            no more tribal graphics, i guess ill have to rename her ??? the graphics did take off 1 spot of paint on the side cover anybody have a red on they would like to get rid of. if not im going to repaint the hole bike !!!

Hey Hey! nice to see you and the bike are still around duke :-D

not been posting much of late, so nice to see familiar 'faces'

bike still looks good, hope you're doin' fine too

later,
            claude

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
              good job rob!

very nice as usual

Comment

Working...
              X