94' GSXR Forks on a 83' GS 750e?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94' GSXR Forks on a 83' GS 750e?

Does anyone know of a smooth swap between these 2? GSXR 1100 or 750 forks better for the bike? Cost of project? If i swap to GSXR front brake system do i need to change the master cylinder? Anything else i should know?

E-mail is:
    0878493@email.matc.edu

Does anyone know of a smooth swap between these 2? GSXR 1100 or 750 forks better for the bike? Cost of project? If i swap to GSXR front brake system do i need to change the master cylinder? Anything else i should know?
    Do some searching here, this topic has been covered repeatedly. Best thread on swaps I have seen is from Katman, titled "Building an I.C.B.M. Katana". Do a search on that and you will find a wealth of pics and info.

The 1100 forks are longer, which is desirable unless you are building a drag bike, the 94 triples should fit into your steering head with no mods at all. Suzuki kept the steering head bearings the same for a lot of years and this is a good thing for you. If you are swapping forks, then you need to swap triples, wheel, brakes, everything. The best way to do that is to buy a complete front end and fit it, as this saves chasing around for a lot of little parts. Then you are going to want to add in a 17" rear wheel to match the front end and run radials on both ends. Do not mix bias and radial tires, it can result in some very "interesting", unpredictable handling issues.

Mark

Comment

Working...
    X