mounting tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mounting tires

after reading comments from my last post on tire mounting and a few phone calls 27 a tire was the cheapest all the way to 57 a tire i decided it was time to give it a try rear wheel first 2 c clamps 2 pieces of 2x2 flat bar to break the bead took about 3min 2 small proto pry bars and tire was off in less than3 min 20/1 soapy water and tire was back on in 3 min now while the wheel is off its clean and polish time so i can send in picture for bike of the month

Re: mounting tires

Originally posted by yak
    after reading comments from my last post on tire mounting and a few phone calls 27 a tire was the cheapest all the way to 57 a tire i decided it was time to give it a try rear wheel first 2 c clamps 2 pieces of 2x2 flat bar to break the bead took about 3min 2 small proto pry bars and tire was off in less than3 min 20/1 soapy water and tire was back on in 3 min now while the wheel is off its clean and polish time so i can send in picture for bike of the month
    I'll never pay to have mine changed again either...It's just too easy.

Comment

And sometimes they tell you it's be a day or two to do it.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

If you have tubeless tires, just cut them off with a razor knife.
        EULC ON

Comment

Tried that once, found out about the steel belts and all the other junk the hard way. Made an unholy messof things and pryed tehm off anyway. I guess with some tires it is possible but not the hellcats I dealt with.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

As long as you pry the bead down a bit and use soapy water to help unseat the bead it goes fairly quickly and painlessly.

Comment

Working...
            X