No announcement yet.

Yet Another Winter Project - '83 750es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to agree with Mr. Ricks, the later GSXR pipes are more trouble than they're worth. There is salvation for those of us who don't like the older style 4 into 1's: Micron exhaust. They make a "race system" for the '90-'92 GSXR's. You can find them here:

I'll be getting a system from street fighters as soon as I finish my wheel.

Comment

PS: Billy indicated that some manuvering around the right peg might be nessisary to get the gsxr systems to work.

Comment

Thanks to both !

Comment

So, I have some pictures to share (finally!), and an update or two.

I finished maching the bearing support, installing new GS bearings, and doing a preliminary fit of the wheel. We'll just pretend that these pictures show the progress that I've made.

As noted earlier, the exhaust shown below does NOT fit my bike. I got it dispite warnings, and it looks like a few "I told you so"'s are in order. Luckly micron still makes systems for the air/oil cooled gsxr's so I'll be getting one once I get the wheel sorted out.

And does it need sorting. While the wheel does indeed fit in the swingarm, I'm not currently able to get it centered to my satisfaction. Billy Ricks seems to be content with the way he got his set up, so maybe I'll just put it together and see how things go. I've considered fitting a GSXR swingarm on, or if I get really, really adventurous, attemping to fab a new swingarm. I'll see if I can make what I have work before breaking out the TIG machine.

The observant may notice that I've removed the tail piece. I'm pondering lopping off a large part of the tail and fabbing a solo seat. I'm single now, so no need for two seats! I have a large roll of fiberglass sitting in my room, waiting to be used. I think it wants to be a gas tank too.

and now, pix!

Last edited by Guest; 02-22-2006, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sidd
            So, I have some pictures to share (finally!), and an update or two.

...yada yada...

and now, pix!
            ...:shock:...is it me!?

Comment

Originally posted by solo suzuki
              ...:shock:...is it me!?
              uh... WHAT?

Comment

uh... WHAT?
                red X, no pix!

Comment

Any better now?

Comment

Any better now?
                    ...try posting the URL, we can always copy/paste it!

Comment

There ya go, though I'm confused as to why it didn't work. I did notice a permissions problem with the directory, though I've not had any problem seeing the pix before or after the fix. Oh well. I guess there is a chance that may not worth either.

Comment

You might have to include the begining of the URL: "http://"

Last edited by Guest; 02-22-2006, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Is it working for anyone other than me now? I swear, I used to laugh at those who had problems posting images. Looks like the joke is on me! Damnit, I'm a programmer. I'm supposed to be past these things!

Comment

not here anyways...

Comment

...photobucket works fine most of the time, could host them there!

Comment

I'm uploading to flickr. It'll be a moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X