Yet Another Winter Project - '83 750es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK! Images up at flickr:

Explore siddacious’s 6 photos on Flickr!

if that dosen't work, I'm giving my bike a viking funeral and buying a unicycle.

Comment

very nice indeed!
      so i guess we don't get to go to a viking funeral...

what's the plan for the seat/tail ?

Comment

Originally posted by solo suzuki
        very nice indeed!
        so i guess we don't get to go to a viking funeral...

what's the plan for the seat/tail ?
        The grand plan is to hack the whole tail off and weld some sort of mount to the frame so I can switch between a solo tail which will hopefully end about where the rear axel is, and a bigger, longer tail for carrying cargo and passengers. There will be some head scratching involved in designing it such that I don't forfeit the rigidity given to the frame by the tail, and that it is relatively easy to switch between the tails. I like what joe.d is doing with his tail rails, so I might do something similar.

I have years' worth of plans for this bike. I'll be happy if I end up doing half.

Comment

Originally posted by sidd
          The grand plan is to hack the whole tail off and weld some sort of mount to the frame so I can switch between a solo tail which will hopefully end about where the rear axel is, and a bigger, longer tail for carrying cargo and passengers. There will be some head scratching involved in designing it such that I don't forfeit the rigidity given to the frame by the tail, and that it is relatively easy to switch between the tails. I like what joe.d is doing with his tail rails, so I might do something similar.

I have years' worth of plans for this bike. I'll be happy if I end up doing half.
          cool!
          rigidity shouldn't be a problem on a monoshock bike, you just have to figure in the weight of cargo/passenger but not actual frame flex for stability/suspension
          keep them photos comin' :-D

Comment

The rear subframe rigidity isn't all that important. You can do a little gusseting where the subframe meets the main frame to beef up rigidity around the swingarm pivot. Do an X shaped brace where the airbox would have fit through the frame rails. I may eventually do a tail section off some other bike to and go the solo route. I never carry passengers anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X