GT carbs, I think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT carbs, I think?

I used to own a GT500 or something tripple with ram air cooling. I went to visit the family this weekend and turned up a set of Mikuni's that have a 26.5mm bore that I think I made up for this bike. I also had a 500cc tripple Kaw back then, but am pretty sure I made these for the GT. They are all mounted together on a common rack that I think I just fit right into the original mounts. The welding is not that great, but everything looks like it's there. They may also make good parts carbs. They have been sitting for 20+ years but look to be in good condition. I looked for a part number or other stamping with no luck.

If anyone has a need for these, send a note. I can take some pictures.

Take a picture.
    Maybe they will fit on my GT250 8) 8) 8)
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Comment

Too bad my GT250 is only the 2 cylinder version 8O
        Would be a fun addition but I don't think it would be feasible to convert those over.
        Too bad
        You know you could put those on eBay and possibly turn a pretty penny. Those old GT parts are going for $$ sometimes.
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

P.S.
          Thanks for the pictures though 8) 8) 8)
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I went ahead and listed them for 50 cents. Maybe they will find a good home rather than go into the scrap metal pile.

The more I think about it, the original carbs may have been for a 77-79 GS750.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy
              I went ahead and listed them for 50 cents. Maybe they will find a good home rather than go into the scrap metal pile.

The more I think about it, the original carbs may have been for a 77-79 GS750.

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-...1274394&lk=URL
              Are they just 26mmvm carbs then? Like on my GS1000?

Comment

I don't think so. The VM had the cable coming out of the top I thought. They have round slides but are driven from a shaft. There are better pictures in the eBay listing.

I am pretty sure they were from an old 750. I had a friend of mine who was almost killed when a lady pulled out in front of him and he T'ed her. He gave me the bike for parts and I think these came off it. I was running a GT and these had a bit bigger bore from what I remember and I made the swap. When I sold the bike, I kept the carbs for some strange reason.

Comment

Pictures of my vm26 GS1000 carbs:

They look identical to me.

Comment

They could be the same as yours. Are yours stamped with a part number? If so, I could pull one off the rail and check it if your interested.

Comment

The old GT engine with the carbs. Funny looking thing.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy
                        They could be the same as yours. Are yours stamped with a part number? If so, I could pull one off the rail and check it if your interested.
                        If I can remember I'll have a look tonight.

Comment

Working...
                        X