No announcement yet.

Oil Supply for Turbo ( Lecroy )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long ago Vance&Hines used to sell an oil restrictor for the GS1000 2v motor. After Byron and Terry sold this company there was no one left that recalled this part so I made one myself. Piece is a reducer bushing that fits in the oil galley to the transmission bearings beneath the oil sensor cap. I had it machined close to the same OD, had a groove cut in it to hold an o-ring to seal it and then a .080" hole drilled in the center.

I never did any before and after checks on pressure, flow, etc. but the system now has less going to the transmission and more going to the top end, crank and turbo.

Have used it on my dragbike for 6 seasons with no oil related failures and no turbo failures.

Anyone else done such a thing? Post a note.

Comment

Originally posted by massakins
      Long ago Vance&Hines used to sell an oil restrictor for the GS1000 2v motor. After Byron and Terry sold this company there was no one left that recalled this part so I made one myself. Piece is a reducer bushing that fits in the oil galley to the transmission bearings beneath the oil sensor cap. I had it machined close to the same OD, had a groove cut in it to hold an o-ring to seal it and then a .080" hole drilled in the center.

I never did any before and after checks on pressure, flow, etc. but the system now has less going to the transmission and more going to the top end, crank and turbo.

Have used it on my dragbike for 6 seasons with no oil related failures and no turbo failures.

Anyone else done such a thing? Post a note.
      I would be interested in one of those. If it's proven on your bike I would love to not have to put the external pump on mine.

What do you think there Lecroy?

Comment

I would be guessing.

Comment

Hi spdjunkie,
          Indeed it got bike of the month on oldskoolsuzuki.info. Two months ago it got an article in one of NL's biggest mags too. I'm not worthy etc...

In the meantime it's getting a make-over, generally making it look better with wider rear wheel, longer swingarm, EK DRZ chrome chain, K&N chrome inlet filter, better/ neater 'dis 'an that and later a new paintjob in the same colors.

To be continued...

Marco.

Comment

Working...
          X