1981 GS 750 EX HOP-UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS 750 EX HOP-UP

Picked up clean 1981 GS750 EX... Need hop-up ideas and suggestions. greatful for any help. Would like to make 90-100 HP and be streetable.

THANKS-Matt

Pipes
    Carbs
    Cams
    Little Port Work
    Big Bore Kit

Clutch Hub Kit
    Manual Cam Chain Tentioner
    Valve Spring Kit
    Ignition Kit
    Oiler Kit

For a few....or.... Just throw on a Turbo

Comment

1100 motor.

Comment

Gsxr front suspension and gsxr wheels for better handling and modern rubber.

Comment

THANKS for your replys.

-Matt

Comment

The 1100 motor is the best way to go. There are not a lot of go-fast parts for the 750 but the 1100 is one of the best, if not the best, supported engine out there for aftermarket parts. While they appear to be identical there is a world of difference between the 750 and the 1100.

Hap

Comment

I am really interested in swapping an 1100 engine in my 81 gs750. I feel like I have the mechanical ability, but I am not very good at researching and fabrication. Is there a website out there that has a semi-detailed instructions (destructions?) on the swap? I would like to know what the best year? and do I want an 1100 or 1150 or 1000? Just that kind of stuff. Sorry to jack your thread and thanks to anyone that can help. I think of the website as my GS help desk

Comment

Guys, now why would you want to destroy the perfect balance and agility of a 750cc machine by installing a boat anchor 1100cc lump?

The 16v 750 motor can make good power but will be peaky, either way, you are going to quickly overcome the stock 1981 suspension/rubber.

Go to the Gallery and look up 1982- GS750E by Andre Bouchere. He has one of the nicest pre-'83 GS750's I have ever seen.

Good Luck, Ed.
                1983 GS750ED- go figure
                2005 GSF1200SZ- yes, I know displacement

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolGS
                  Go to the Gallery and look up 1982- GS750E by Andre Bouchere. He has one of the nicest pre-'83 GS750's I have ever seen.
                  A fine specimen indeed!

Sorry, so clean I had to post it in here. Very sweet.

Comment

Working...
                  X