gs 750 leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 750 leak

I have a 77 gs 750 that I'm fixng up for a friends first bike. When I was looking the bike over today I noticed an oil leak coming from the bottom of the cylinder head. I'm an auto mechanic but I don't have alot of motorcycle engine experience, how complicated is this fix? also the fork seals are leaking and the rear brake is binding. The bike starts right up even in cold weather and it looks good for a 77 and the price was right.

Is this worth throwing some money into to fix or should I just tell my friend to part it out and look for something in the spring?

Re: gs 750 leak

Originally posted by sae3231
    I have a 77 gs 750 that I'm fixng up for a friends first bike. When I was looking the bike over today I noticed an oil leak coming from the bottom of the cylinder head. I'm an auto mechanic but I don't have alot of motorcycle engine experience, how complicated is this fix? also the fork seals are leaking and the rear brake is binding. The bike starts right up even in cold weather and it looks good for a 77 and the price was right.

Is this worth throwing some money into to fix or should I just tell my friend to part it out and look for something in the spring?
    Bikes are fun to work on cause you don't have to lay underneath them and get dirt in your eyes They are different than cars but the leaks can be fixed with your backgground. Wash the motor off and find out exactly where its coming from so you can do the right thing. If you have to pull the motor down to replace the gaskets freshen up the rings if it is coming from the bottom of the cylinders. Fork seals are fairly easy to fix. Without looking at it it is hard to know if it is worth messing with........

Comment

Working...
    X