Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding an oil temp sensor for fuel injection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding an oil temp sensor for fuel injection?

Heyo. I just burned through my first full tank on the 850 and it only took me 95 miles which is roughly 30mpg, so needless to say I'm ready to do something about this. Since I dislike screwing with carbs and have already fully wired up and installed my own standalone fuel management on my car, I'd like to attempt this on the 850.

I need an oil temp sensor to do this. What bikes have these stock that I can get from a junkyard? Where should I put it on the block? Thanks for the help.

GS1150 has a temp sender and also a plate that will replace your stock oillight plate under the camchain tensioner, and the 1150n one take stwo senders. Others may want to keep this in mind for oil cooler conversions.

Dink

Comment

I believe the early GSXR's had them along with an oil temp guage in the dash.

Comment

Where else would be a probable location on a 16 valve 750? It doesn't have the area under the cam chain tensioner to put anything. An oil cooler uses the filter plate on this bike, could you get a good oil temp reading there?

Comment

Forgot to add, there is already a oil pressure sender in the stock oil filter plate....

Is there any other place to put a temp sensor?

Comment

Working...
          X