Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reducing fork angle

hello all

I know that many drag racers stretch their bikes for stability and such, but I haven't been able to find any info on my thought.

If I put a gsxr front end on my gs which of course has longer forks than the gsxr it will lower my bike. Would it be conceivable to alter the angle of the forks closer to that of a gsxr, in order to raise the bike, as well as increase maneuverability?

Thanks...

I think the old gs's are prone to head shake. Reducing the rake would make it worse.

Comment

Raising the rear will alter the front end geometry. That won't do much for your clearance issue however. Changing the head angle a few degrees won't raise the bike much and would not be something I would consider for stability issues.

There are many flavors of GSXR forks - length and diameter, along with a few different ways of mounting them - 954 Honda triples for instance. You can even rebuild those GSXR forks with longer tubes if you want more clearance.

Which forks do you have and what bike?

Comment

One of your neighbors billyricks has a wealth of information on this.
        be patient, I'm sure he'll reply
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Working...
        X