rejetting gs650gx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rejetting gs650gx

is there any cheaper option to rejet my carbs than a dynojet kit? my bike has a 4into1 fitted but stock airbox. i want to go with pods or a high flow airbox filter to complement the 4into1. with the carbs, do i really need to fit new needles and idle jets, or can i just up the main jets. if so, what number should i go to????

Some incredibly long threads have bone on here about rejetting without a DJ kit. In the end the DJ kit got it solved in record time. You can get away with a main increase for just the pipe but losing the airbox is going to require surgery on the carbs.

I don't know how much power you will gain by going pod but compared to the 1100 your not going to be getting much more than the 73 HP our 650s have already. Size matters.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

i know this one's been done to death! i think the dj kits the answer. i've had the pods on before without jetting. had a massive starving problem midrange but acceleration was a huge improvement on the airbox. i was looking for a cheaper option as the dynojet kit will cost me almost as much i paid for the bike!!!!

Comment

That is really surprising that rejeting kits are so expensive. Would it be worth it to have someone in the US buy them and ship them to you or not?
        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

i'm trying to find an agent in australia. some places in the US want US$50 for shipping alone!

Comment

Working...
          X