No announcement yet.

Stupidest Auction Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be mistaken, but isn't the "power band" the area on a Graph showing the RPM range producing peak HP. I believe the range in question is between about 6000 and 8500 RPMs. At least that's the RPM range where my GS1000 will try and slide me off the back of the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by pntrdave
      I may be mistaken, but isn't the "power band" the area on a Graph showing the RPM range producing peak HP. I believe the range in question is between about 6000 and 8500 RPMs. At least that's the RPM range where my GS1000 will try and slide me off the back of the seat.
      Thats the range in which your engine has been tuned to produce the big power.
      It's not a powerband as such, just an area in your rev range that has noticeably more power than the rest of the range.

It's not being produced by some "Factory Built Powerband System" as this fella seems to think it is.

:-) Sorry, "Factory Built Powerband System", I keep thinking of Rubber Bands under his seat.
      For every word he spells wrong he gets an extra wind of the bands LOL.

Comment

my bike has a factory rubber band system since the engine is gone.

Comment

seems I saw a graph one time that had a grey shaded area showing the RPM and Hp peaks this shaded are was labeled the power band.
          Seems it was in a bike magazine but I can't remember

Comment

Ef u do'n wanna buye my sooperbike...ten do'n. use oddviously do'n no bout sooperbikeses.

Comment

Originally posted by pntrdave
              seems I saw a graph one time that had a grey shaded area showing the RPM and Hp peaks this shaded are was labeled the power band.
              Seems it was in a bike magazine but I can't remember
              I know exactly what you are saying (that im being a bit of a prick with this 'points of law stuff';-)) and it would correct for you to say "My bikes powerband is between about 6000 and 8500 RPMs".

Band of Power, Comes on Cam at, Range of power, The big nad's kick in at....It's all the same thing really.

Whats wrong is to believe a "Factory Built Powerband System" is whats making your bike pull harder at those revs ;-)

Comment

Did he say powerband system or rubberband system?What an a-hole!!

Comment

Wow what a freekin genius, AM feeling quite intelligent right about now :-D

Comment

the power band system i rember that one real well. its when you use rubberbands to hold the playing card in the spokes to make that motor sound. the biger the band the more snap to the card and you get a biger motor.

Comment

that was soooo funny i couldnt believe it LOL

Comment

People make my head hurt sometimes...
                        2010 Honda VFR1200F
                        1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
                        Being Revisited
                        1981 Honda CM400T
                        http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

when I was young I had a shwinn harley rubberband system!!I wonder if he is a used car salesman?
                          Last edited by Guest; 02-17-2006, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I reread the ad and started to feel bad. IMHO this is some youngster in love with his dreams of his "special" bike. He's probably a lot more naive than full of "it". Someone may have mentioned something about Power Band and it meant a lot to him. I'm just feeling sorry for him now.

Comment

I know, it's like trying to talk sense to my 16 year old son. Seems somewhere along the line he has decided he knows everything and I'm just a dumb a**.

Comment

Originally posted by gremlin
                                the power band system i rember that one real well. its when you use rubberbands to hold the playing card in the spokes to make that motor sound. the biger the band the more snap to the card and you get a biger motor.
                                I used to tie balloons between the bike frame and spokes to get that powerband rumble on my bicycles. The more balloons you tied on the meaner it sounded.

Comment

Working...
                                X