No announcement yet.

Stupidest Auction Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is selling that bike, a 7 year old kid????? (or is the kid better at spelling than his father)?

I just want to know where you can buy those "factory power bands" cause I want one!!! They come in 2 sizes: short and long, depending on what type of racing you are doing. I also remember you have to be carefull, because when the powerbands break, they leave a NASTY welt mark on the inside of your leg (especially if you are wearing shorts)

Comment

When I was 13 I had a KX80 with a powerband. I couldn't ever find where they hid it in the engine though.

Comment

Originally posted by bucketsofgs1000
        I couldn't ever find where they hid it in the engine though.
        ROTFLMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by omaharj
          I reread the ad and started to feel bad. IMHO this is some youngster in love with his dreams of his "special" bike. He's probably a lot more naive than full of "it". Someone may have mentioned something about Power Band and it meant a lot to him. I'm just feeling sorry for him now.
          The comments he's made about only 6 being registered in 1996 would suggest he's owned the bike for around 10 years. I put him at 30+.

There are tons of those bikes over here so there would have been way more than 6 in a country of 4 million people.
          There could perhaps have been only 6 of that model registered i suppose but its the most common model so I cant see that being true??

Comment

KEEP CHECKING BACK, HE's STILL ANSWERING PEOPLES QUESTION's!!

Comment

I tried to register with the site he has the aucton on but you have to put up money. I was going to explain to him what a powerband really is but what's the point.
              Last edited by Guest; 02-17-2006, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
                I tried to register with the site he has the aucton on but you have to ut up money. Iwas going to explain to him what a powerband really is but what's the point.
                Yeah exactly, He's stupid and he doesnt know it.
                Instead of backing down he's painted himself into a corner, things have turned ugly and he's ruined his chances of selling his bike.
                The smart move would have been to say to the guy telling him his specs were wrong in the first place, "Hey thanks for the advice about the features (Carbs etc), I dont know much about that stuff so someones put me a bit crook there. All bidders take note and bid accordingly"

A bit of honesty goes a long way.
                Last edited by Guest; 02-19-2006, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I thought power bands were like Led Zepplin. the Who, ZZ top.I like those power bands

Comment

i don't know who here knows Honda but this mystery system sounds kinda' like v-tec so i'm gonna call total b.s. because reading that made me wanna jam a spoon in my eye........jackass!

Comment

Can I put a powerband from a 1150 on my '78 750???

Will it bolt right on or will I need to hog it out a bit?
                      Will I need to re-jet?
                      Think I can sell my old 750 powerband on Ebay???
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

You want powerbands?, I'll sell you powerbads!

Only $99.95 each, get them while they last!!!!!

Comment

What's the whole deal with the black-piper comments? Is original exhaust that rare or something?

If so, Jethro is milking me!

~Adam

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
                            What's the whole deal with the black-piper comments? Is original exhaust that rare or something?

If so, Jethro is milking me!

~Adam
                            Black piper, OK, here we go.

Many of you will be aware of the Wire Wheel Katana (NZ Only, Australias one's were fitted with the wire wheels only and had no other improvements, vasically theres was a marketing stunt).
                            There were 20 made for homoligation purposes in NZ.
                            Roundslide Mikunis, Wilder Cams, Wire/Spoke wheels, Larger diameter exhaust, 10 plate clutch, Braided lines etc etc (Long list of Factory Mods. Stock Kat was 111Hp, Wire Wheeler was approx 120 (I think its actually got more).

Well the year before that there was the GSX1100T (Designated the T model in the Suzuki Manual, Not the ET which was the Standard model).
                            Also know as a Wire Wheeler (aka the black piper as the 2 centre header pipes were black, outers were chrome).
                            Same engine specs.....Only 20 were ever made I believe (But i could be wrong as I was only 7 years old then so what would I know).
                            I've never seen one in the flesh but if seen one on a poster about the big & very popular endurance race of the time.

So there you go, Sorry its so long winded.

If anyone is really interested I can direct you to a site which has the full parts list of these bikes.

Ive got the microfiche for one as well as the standard SZ.

Let's just say the Factory knew how to make these motors haul ass back in 1980 but slowly released the HP over the course of the whole GSX1074 to 1135 model run and many features that were in the 1135 were inside these bikes engines 5 years earlier ;-)
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-18-2006, 04:16 PM.

Comment

vintage meathead

It says the bike has massive overhead cam knuckles,is that from arthritis.

Comment

I have a powerband for sale.i just rebuilt it.Just plug it in to the cyclinder head and you get 25 more hp. instantly.I also have some ocean front property in Airizona that I will let go pretty cheap too!

Comment

Working...
                                X