No announcement yet.

Stupidest Auction Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I found his powerband. I had posted about it in another thread and didn't even realize it. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=87395

This looks to be the same pipe marketed in the '80s as the MX3. One of his testimonials even refers to it as the MX3. I never knew anyone that ran one but they were advertised in most of the bike mags back then.

Out of curiousity I pulled out an old bike mag and sure enough this is the same guy that used to call this pipe the MX3. He's just trying to cash in on the X-pipe configurations around today with some old stock he never sold. It could prove to be a decent pipe. Here's the text from the old ad,

4into1's ARE A LIE

Get serious. 4into1's were designed 35 years ago. How could a 1950's exhaust possibly improve the performance of your superbike? 4into1 brands are all the same. They all scavenge. Scavenge, especially on 4 valve engines is disastrous. It sucks out over 21% of the carbuetor supplied air/fuel; robbing your engine of Hp, requiring illegal rejetting, while increasing pollution.

MX3, the 4 stroke expansion chamber, prevents overscavenge, boosting Hp, reducing pollution, usually with no rejetting. Giving you more low end, more mid range, and more top end, instantly! Your superbike will pull harder from 4,000rpm to red line. The MX3 powerband actually improves streetability, along with performance. For all out performance, no exhaust works harder than MX3.

My patent pending MX3 is guaranteed to outperform any Kerker, Supertrapp, or VHR on your bike the way you drive it. I'm not making wild claims, I'm guaranteeing results. No one else can!

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT THE PLUMBING!

Comment

OMG!!!! Perhaps he is entitled to his opinion. I know I hate it when I KNOW I'm right and everyone else is wrong. Perhaps the shoe is on the other foot and WE'RE all wrong! :shock: \\/ [-o<

Comment

Wasn't the MX3 a model designation for a late 70's/early '80's Can Am motocross bike?
        Kevin
        E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
        "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
        Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Hey I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Comment

Isn't it embarrassing that people who know nothing will try to sell a line of B-S until they die#-o
            "I don't know." is that so hard to say?
            Factory this and factory that, when you don't know what came on it from the factory=D&gt;
            And for the love of God, use a spell checker
            Talkin' all that street may be cool in the hood, but when you put that crud into type it just looks stupid

Comment

pinch me,I think Im having a nightmare!

Comment

Originally posted by JT
                You want powerbands?, I'll sell you powerbads!

Only $99.95 each, get them while they last!!!!!

C'mon dude, I have seen those WAY cheaper on Ebay (used) for a lot less coin! Besides they work WAY better when they are used and dry-rotted.

Comment

FACTORY BUILT POWER BAND SYSTEM.... I think my Power Band is stretched...Ive looked for the new power band part # but cant seem to find it listed...

Good Budding ...Biddies

Comment

Working...
                  X