Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Heads available for the 1074 motor.

Did anyone else know this?

I just found out last week as I have a brand new head wrapped in plastic, still in the box.

I bought it years ago as I thought it may come in handy one day

I pulled it out and it was different to the other four I have.

Turns out that they altered it for the EZ model on, the rocker cover has 4 extra bolts around where the cam chain tunnel is which they said it was to stop leaks.

But it turns out (not mentioned in the manual) they also altered the valve angle and those heads give an extra 6 HP with no negatives!!

I found out about it in an old streetfighters magazine article which I think is written by Pip Higham.

They are on PDF's (or something) that I downloaded so I can send them to whoever leaves their email address's :-)

If it is indeed true (I'm going get it checked out ;-) Isnt it great to know there a head available which performance wise is somewhere in between an early 1074 head and an 1135/1150 head that still looks stock on a GS(X) or Katana. :-)

Comment

That could be Suzuki's secret called "FACTORY BUILT POWER BAND SYSTEM"
      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
        That could be Suzuki's secret called "FACTORY BUILT POWER BAND SYSTEM"
        LOL.

THe internals of the engine would be too much for him to comprehend!!

Anyway, The head info may be BS but it would make sense as they would have had to totally change the cast for the new holes etc so why not change the valve angle to if Suzuki knew there was more power to be had.

The power did continue to climb as each revised model came out and the only changes appeared to be slightly better cams.

Makes ya think..........

Comment

Originally posted by Silvermachine81
          Did anyone else know this?

I just found out last week as I have a brand new head wrapped in plastic, still in the box.

I bought it years ago as I thought it may come in handy one day

I pulled it out and it was different to the other four I have.

Turns out that they altered it for the EZ model on, the rocker cover has 4 extra bolts around where the cam chain tunnel is which they said it was to stop leaks.

But it turns out (not mentioned in the manual) they also altered the valve angle and those heads give an extra 6 HP with no negatives!!

I found out about it in an old streetfighters magazine article which I think is written by Pip Higham.

They are on PDF's (or something) that I downloaded so I can send them to whoever leaves their email address's :-)
          I can't confirm what year the valve angles were changed but it's done to flatten the combustion chambers and shorten the intake tracts.

Comment

Working...
          X