Big Bore Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bore Kit

I saw a Wiseco kit to convert the 1100 to a 1400. Anyone seen or used this? I kinda want to do it just for bragging rights, but the motor is so strong and reliable the way it is. I'm sort of afraid to jack with it.

People usually don't mod the shafties. If you want to build a big hp bike use an E model.

Comment

That makes sense. I'm not gonna stop with one GS. I'd like to have another setup super bike style. I think these old bikes are cool as hell. I'm sort of amazed at how diverse they are too.

Comment

If you start making more HP with that G, you'll get real good at swapping out final drives.....

Start perusing here for what can be done to the GS 16 valve engine.

Comment

I have a 1980 1100E and am adding a 1166 big bore kit. 1166 is as big as you can bore the cylanders with out replaceing the sleeves. I was able to get all of the part needed including the cylander boreing for less than $600.00. Personal if you are not planning to drag it 1166 should give you quite a boost in horse power. If you are looking to drag it well 1400 would be a great start. Check out this site http://www.aperaceparts.com/. The will be able to get you started the right way.

The Beast

Comment

Working...
          X