80 GS1100E mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hungryman
    I'll try posting a pic of the tank. When this was taken it was still being polished.

Steve? Is that you buddy? That surely is the tank

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
      Steve? Is that you buddy? That surely is the tank
      Yea Hoomie - I tried keeping quiet, but no luck controlling my mouth.

I just learned how to post pics and use smilies too. :shock:

Comment

All of a sudden I'm Queso in some of the old threads. I hate the cheese threads!!! Glad to see you posting Steve.

Comment

I'll try posting a pic of the tank. When this was taken it was still being polished.

I love the look of the new cap on the old tank. It really looks nice.

Comment

Yea Hoomie - I tried keeping quiet, but no luck controlling my mouth.

I just learned how to post pics and use smilies too. :shock:
            Welcome back buddy

Oh! and there is still time to beat me to completion man, come on! LOL!

Comment

Revival.

What ever happened with this bike???

Comment

How did you add a gas cap like that to the tank ?? Can you list parts/years to use??

Comment

With all the interest in suspension upgrades this thread deserves a sticky along with Katman's build that is stuck in the archives.

Comment

I agree...... This thread helped me out alot.

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
                      Revival.

What ever happened with this bike???
                      Yeah
                      What is the outcome here???
                      Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                      2000 Kawasaki Concours
                      Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler
                        Yeah
                        What is the outcome here???
                        It's fairly complete. My son moved to Conneticut and took his dirt bike and most belongings but didn't have room for it then.

We decided to leave it with me and let me keep working on it. Right now I'm adding a Ducati Monster fairing. The dual headlights I used earlier may not be part of the final design. I would like to keep them, but who knows.

I also had the seat recoved earlier and don't like how it looks with the new tank and overall theme of the bike. I essentially have narrowed the seat down to 2 choices - Sargents and Corbin. Corbin doesn't make a seat and needs the bike there, so Sargents may be the one.

It has clipons onstalled now, but I am also revisiting this decision.

Short story, Matt left the bike so that I could refine it. We both like it now, but it can (and will) be better.

There are plenty of great articles on bikes out there. I'm just hanging back a bit and watching others build right now. I'll post some pics later if there is still interest.

I love Katmans bikes and Ogri has done a wonderful job. (There are many others also, just that those 2 come to mind right now)

Comment

Originally posted by topher1556
                          How did you add a gas cap like that to the tank ?? Can you list parts/years to use??
                          Check back on this thead at page 10 or so. I went into it a bit there. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Comment

Check back on this thead at page 10 or so.
                            Which thread? Can you tell me the name and which section the thread is under?? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by topher1556
                              Which thread? Can you tell me the name and which section the thread is under?? Thanks!
                              This one. Hoomie, I saw your post dag nabbit, you luker!

I've got to get ready for a presentation. I'm off.

Comment

This one. Hoomie, I saw your post dag nabbit, you luker!

I've got to get ready for a presentation. I'm off.
                                I didn't feel the need to duplicate your effort after I saw that I had so I nuked it

Comment

Working...
                                X