Radial Slide Q & A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radial Slide Q & A

Got a set of RS 40mm carbs off E-Bay but don't know what all the fittings do. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I figured out the gas ones but my main concern is the ones that look like vacuum fittings. There's bunches of them. Some are capped but there are some that are on each side of each carb (2 per carb) that have me stumped. I guess I sound dumb and maybe a bit more research on my part before buying would have helped but the deal was great. Anyways thanks for any help.

RS Carbs

Rob,

PM me with a fax number I'll fax you the owners manual for the Mikuni RS Series total of 20 pages

Best

Comment

Rob,
      You may find the 40's a little large for the 850, I have 38's on my 1170ET

Best

Comment

My thoughts are with Gus...

Comment

No I'm looking to put them on the red bike. It's got the 1260cc kit. I've been using stock carbs and am curious how the 40's will work. If they don't work out then they go bye bye to another more deserving person. I bought these things for under 200 bucks and am a bit giddy about trying them out. Actually I was going to use Slingshot carbs but they seem to be more of a pain to set up. The RS's came with velocity stacks , throttle cable assy and were the correct ones for my application. The 850 stays as stock as possible because it's sooooo dang dependable that way. The red bike is the super toy.

Comment

Put fuel to them and put rubber plugs on the other nipples on the side. I had 38's on a 1197 nitrous bike..you will like the flatslides.
            EULC ON

Comment

Ive heard that flat slides can be a nightmare to set up, and may look but the interanls can be shot...before you put them on you wanna check out the tolerances and specs etc... I would say the 40's are on the large side, you may have a time getting them in your inlet rubbers...let us know how you get on

Comment

Everything seems to be ok but I will be installing new cams so while waiting for the cams to get here I'm pre-installing the carbs to make sure all the bugs are worked out. I'll probably run the bike in the next day or so and see how well the carbs work and then take it apart to install the cams. I'm getting the megacycle cams with the .355 lift. Not too big but I think it'll be just enough for the street. It's raining pretty bad here now and the weather service says it'll be raining all week so my test rides will be limited to low speed bursts. Bummer. Stay tuned........

Comment

RS flatslides are a breeze to tune and may just give the most bang for the buck performance wise of any mod you can do. You just have to get used to rolling the throttle instead of whacking it open.

Comment

Whacking it is always better than rolling it!:-D
                    EULC ON

Comment

Working...
                    X