No announcement yet.

need more performence out of 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granted my 1100 has a few mods (1260 kit) and now I'm tossing in new cams and carbs but I still think it's cheaper than getting a new Gixxer or the like. I made a choice awhile back that instead of spending the dough on a newer bike that won't last as long and probably would be more expensive to repair in the long run that I'd build my old bike up. I'll give any newer bike a run for the money (and have) until about 120 or so then they start reeling me in. But until then I'm smiling. I would like a new bike but the 11 grand it would take to buy one I can put together one heck of a fast GS. Besides an antique bike like mine tipping the scales at 525 lbs. or so and my 230 lb mass of old fart hangin' on to the grips and hugging the tank wizzing past some newer bike just thrills the crap out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by RobGS850L
      Granted my 1100 has a few mods (1260 kit) and now I'm tossing in new cams and carbs but I still think it's cheaper than getting a new Gixxer or the like. I made a choice awhile back that instead of spending the dough on a newer bike that won't last as long and probably would be more expensive to repair in the long run that I'd build my old bike up. I'll give any newer bike a run for the money (and have) until about 120 or so then they start reeling me in. But until then I'm smiling. I would like a new bike but the 11 grand it would take to buy one I can put together one heck of a fast GS. Besides an antique bike like mine tipping the scales at 525 lbs. or so and my 230 lb mass of old fart hangin' on to the grips and hugging the tank wizzing past some newer bike just thrills the crap out of me.
      I hear you on all that you have a sweet looking bike and im glad to hear you give them bikes a run for it, nothing pleases me more than knowing the capabilities of these bad ass beast of a bike. I think i need to move out nm so i can find some guys that have good style of bikes and an attitude along with them

Comment

pics of bikes

see pics of my brothers andi bikes at tell me what you guys think.
        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Yea!

[QUOTE]You'll meet a lot more interesting people when you ride this classic GS and get approached at a gas station by someone who compliments it or used to own one. COULDN"T AGREE WITH YOU MORE,I enjoy pulling up to a gas pump or a store on it and getting compliments on how cool the older,classic,and the original crouch rocket bikes are.Makes you love your GS even more.\\/

Comment

Working...
          X