Link for GS1100 RaceTech fork upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link for GS1100 RaceTech fork upgrades

I stumbled upon some new product for the GS1100 front end. I have heard of RaceTech "fork emulators" and I have heard they work very well:

R.C.,

Beware that the Race Tech website is wrong regarding the Cartridge Emulators for the GS1100. The part number they recommend, FEGV-S3801, will not even fit in the fork of a GS1100. I know because I ordered a set of those last year. That part is for a 41mm fork. The GS1100 uses a 36mm fork. Another GSR member, Brando, had his '83 GS1100 forks done by Race Tech recently.The correct part number for the 36mm GS1100 fork is FEGV-S3301, per Brando. I just installed these in my '83 GS1100E but haven't even gotten the front wheel back on, much less gone for a ride. Here's a good article by the inventor of cartridge emulators explaining the differences between cartridge and damper rod forks:

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_9408_tech/

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I think the one that you have listed is for the later 93 GS1100.

Originally posted by Road_Clam
      I stumbled upon some new product for the GS1100 front end. I have heard of RaceTech "fork emulators" and I have heard they work very well:

http://www.racetech.com/evalving/eng...ngname=english

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy
        R.C.,

Beware that the Race Tech website is wrong regarding the Cartridge Emulators for the GS1100. The part number they recommend, FEGV-S3801, will not even fit in the fork of a GS1100. I know because I ordered a set of those last year. That part is for a 41mm fork. The GS1100 uses a 36mm fork. Another GSR member, Brando, had his '83 GS1100 forks done by Race Tech recently.The correct part number for the 36mm GS1100 fork is FEGV-S3301, per Brando. I just installed these in my '83 GS1100E but haven't even gotten the front wheel back on, much less gone for a ride. Here's a good article by the inventor of cartridge emulators explaining the differences between cartridge and damper rod forks:

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_9408_tech/

Thanks,
        Joe
        Thanks for the heads up post. I was almost thinking of giving that kit a try, now I will PASS! I don't want to deal with that "fits on paper, but why doesnt it physically fit" B/S

Comment

They couldn't even get me the right diameter fork springs two years ago. It took multiple emails and phone calls to get them returned. In the end I went with Progressive.

Race Tech seems more interested in the latest sport bike buisness and to be honest I can't blame them for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam
            Thanks for the heads up post. I was almost thinking of giving that kit a try, now I will PASS! I don't want to deal with that "fits on paper, but why doesnt it physically fit" B/S
            R.C.,

The FEGV-S3301 kit works just fine. I spoke with Race Tech support and told them the website was wrong. Whether they'll change it or not remains to be seen. The instructions are very generic and installation is simple enough if you're comfortable with disassembling your forks. One warning: You must drill out the holes in your damper rods which will make them useless if you decide to remove the cartridge emulators. Check out this thread for more info: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=85580

Thanks,
            Joe
            IBA# 24077
            '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
            '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
            '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Race tech emulators for GS1100GK

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
              R.C.,

Thanks,
              Joe
              very late reply... but 41mm forks on 1100GK. Thank you for the information

Comment

Gotta love this website, 10 year old posts and it's still helping people today.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

If you have never used emulator's you dont know what your missing. It's the first mod I do to every bike I own. Dont have a clue how to install though.
                  Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple:twistedevil:, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                  Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                  Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Fitting emulators is not difficult. If you are up to rebuilding your forks with new seals fitting emulators is only one extra step. The only vital step is to get the right ones...

Comment

Working...
                    X